RE: [Axiom-developer] RE: tex4ht and jsmath

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] RE: tex4ht and jsmath
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 22:07:54 -0500

Previously you wrote:

> > But http://page.axiom-developer.org/jstest.html
> > fails to render with the warning about not finding fonts.
>
> Firefox 1.0.6

I think FireFox 1.0.6 should work fine. FireFox 1.5 has some
significant improvements especially with MathML, but jsMath does
not require these.

Does Eitan's original link work for you?

http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~gurari/temp/jstest.html

The version of jstest.html page on axiom-developer is identical
to Eitan's but the version of jsMath itself on axiom-developer
is the older version. If Eitan's page works but the one on
axiom-developer does not then it might be because you need the
"BaKoMa versions" of the fonts as explained here:

http://www.math.union.edu/~dpvc/jsMath/download/fonts.html

for jsMath v2.x. If this is the case, then don't worry about it
because that version of jsMath is out of date and if/when we
start using jsMath on MathAction, I will update it to the newer
version.

Otherwise you can check the following:

On Windows did you follow **exactly** the instructions here?

http://pubpages.unh.edu/~jsh3/jsMath

especially the instructions to exit the browser and restart?

One way to check that you have the correct fonts installed
is to click Start/ControlPanel/Fonts. You should see the font
cmex10 used by jsmath listed there. If it's not there, try the
procedure in the above link.