Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: tex4ht and jsmath

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: tex4ht and jsmath
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 22:23:48 -0500

the third point was written before i sat down and read
the jsMath source code. i have a better understanding
of it now.

i'm WAY behind the curve on the browser-based technologies.
i have been considering the browser as a "front-end" technology
and it is more of a "platform" technology.

it's a very glacial head-shift that's taking me a lot longer to
learn than it should. what is obvious to you is painfully slow
going for me.

i'm having trouble making the shift from "Axiom driving a browser"
to "a browser driving axiom". so i keep searching for an API that
will allow me to "call" the browser, get a canvas, and write to it.
it is slowly dawning on me that this is completely wrong thinking.
unfortunately the only language i CAN find to drive a browser is
javascript.

we do need to make the wiki technology "local" and get the
setup process clearly documented. ultimately it should probably
be just another debian apt-get (or axiom zips-fork :-)