[Axiom-developer] RE: tex4ht and jsmath

From: Eitan Gurari
Subject: [Axiom-developer] RE: tex4ht and jsmath
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 12:30:47 -0500

Dear all,

I have much of the core work done to configure tex4ht to output
ams/la/tex dialects for math.  I'm stuck with the jsmath tex side due
to a lack of a testing environment, because I'm failing somewhere to
correctly deal with the jsmath software requirements.

Specifically,  when I point a firefox mozilla browser from a mac or ms
pc to the sample files

     http://www.math.union.edu/~dpvc/jsMath/examples/welcome.html

of the jsmath distribution I get (impressive) rendering of the
content.  On the other hand, when I try my file

    http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~gurari/temp/jstest.html

I just get a display of the source `{a}^{b}' without redering for the
visual effect.  My installed jsmath files can be reviwed at

    http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~gurari/temp/js.txt

The jsamth examples use the code `jsMath.Process(document);'. The
instructions ask for the code `jsMath.Process();'.  I tried both.

I wonder whether I can get help resolving this problem.

-eitan