[Axiom-developer] Re: noweb "bug" (was: article "standard" header/footer

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: noweb "bug" (was: article "standard" header/footer)
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 18:04:27 +0100

Hi,

Yes, we should simply "tell people that axiom needs at least
version x.y of noweb" and version 2.6.x of gcl. These are
prerequisites. Download and install them first - then install
Axiom. If you are using apt-get on Debian or yum on Fedora,
etc. then these prerequisites are automatically installed for
you.

Right. There should be two distributions:
1) for people who just want to apply axiom
2) for people who want to develop axiom

Of course (1) would need fewer packages as prerequisites.
I strongly think that we should build on existing software and NOT maintain a fork of them.

All we have to do is include this script with the Axiom
distribution and call it as a filter as he shows.

% notangle -filter axiom-noweb

Even easier. Say

TANGLE=notangle -filter axiom-noweb

and don't change anything else (except for including the documented awk script).

the standard version fails, the patched version works. use
the patched version.

I would very much prefer to use the unmodified version of
noweb with the awk script as suggested by Norman.

I support Norman and Bill.

Ralf