Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: noweb "bug" (was: article "standard" header/fo

From: C Y
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: noweb "bug" (was: article "standard" header/footer)
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 20:22:50 -0800 (PST)

--- root <address@hidden> wrote:

> sbcl just got itself working on windows.
> i'm trying to build it to see if they got mcclim working.
> if so, we have a cross-platform gui.

Unfortunately, McCLIM currently requires clx to work (there is no
Windows backend even in the works yet).

> an alternative i'm also investigating is gtk+ and libglade
> it seems that gaim uses it and works everywhere.
> if they can, we can.

A pure GTK (e.g. non-lisp) solution should be workable - I know Gimp
runs on Windows using GTK.  If we're not worrying about Lisp FLTK might
be a good choice.  It has some interesting options for visualization
using VTK too:
http://vtkfltk.sourceforge.net/

Cheers,
Cliff