Re: [Axiom-developer] Building axiom on FreeBSD

From: P.U.Kruppa
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Building axiom on FreeBSD
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 05:52:20 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005, root wrote:

ah. then it failed to compile. which is odd because there is nothing
special about that file at all.

ok. look upward in the console listing and see why it failed to build.
I searched for astr and found these lines
532 making /usr/local/axiom/int/interp/astr.clisp from /usr/local/axiom/src/inte
rp/astr.boot.pamphlet
531 making /usr/local/axiom/obj/freebsd/interp/astr.o from /usr/local/axiom/int/
interp/astr.clisp
/src/interp/astr.boot.pamphlet exists, but neither
        /int/interp/astr.clisp          nor
        /obj/freebsd/interp/astr.o

And - I don't know if this has anything to do with it:
45 /usr/local/axiom/obj/freebsd/bin/bootsys created
but on the other hand I can see several lines like

/usr/local/axiom/obj/freebsd/bin/bootsys: not found

on Standarderror. Indeed there is no /obj/freebsd/bin/bootsys

Uli.

* Peter Ulrich Kruppa - Wuppertal - Germany *