Re: [Axiom-developer] hyperlinked algebra

From: C Y
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] hyperlinked algebra
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 17:42:56 -0800 (PST)

--- root <address@hidden> wrote:

> i've hacked src/doc/endpaper.pamphlet to add hyperlinks.
> most of the links go to catdef.spad.dvi because they are
> categories that live there. i don't know how to implement
> #tags in latex yet.

What do you mean by tags?  Is that a way to refer to specific points in
a document?

I'll try to build this file - I wasn't aware pstricks could do
hyperlinked diagrams.  Can a hyperlinked pdf be created?  I know there
is a pst-pdf package for pstricks but I don't know how good it is.

If pstricks can indeed do all that we want with fancy linking and
diagrams it might be a better target than XYpic - there exist some
fairly sophisticated graphing routines for pstricks, and it would be
fun to teach Axiom to output (say) pst-3dplot TeX instead of an image
for plotting.  (Although I'm not sure how well it could render some
things - experimentation would be required).

I had intended to explore this possibility with XYpic, but initially at
least it should be either XYpic or pstricks instead of both.  If there
is the desire for the other later it can always be added.

Cheers,
Cliff