[Axiom-developer] Re: ALLPROSE --> tex4ht --> html

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: ALLPROSE --> tex4ht --> html
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 23:20:15 +0100

Hi Eitan,

I must admit that I don't quite understand the script htlatex.
It basically has the form

latex ...
latex ...
latex ...
tex4ht ...
t4ht ...

I am somehow missing a call to bibtex and also a call to makeindex.

Is there a script that lets me run just one "latex" part (with the argument from "htlatex") so that I could call makeindex and bibtex myself followed by further "latex" calls and tex4ht+t4ht.

I am somehow complaining about a nice interface. What I would expect is a script (htlatexonce) that just contains

latex ... '\makeatletter\def\HCode{...' $1

and another one (htlatextail) that does

htlatexonce "$*"
tex4ht ...
t4ht ...

Your "htlatex" is then

htlatexonce...
htlatexonce...
htlatextail

Of course I could just provide a script that is similar to htlatex and adds bibtex and makeindex (or whatever else I might need to run inbetween). But then you might modify htlatex in a new version of tex4ht and my code might not work anymore because your TeX code on the "latex" line is a bit different.

I am grateful for any hints. Maybe I don't understand something here.

Thanks in advance
Ralf