Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom + High Energy Physics

From: Mike Dewar
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: Axiom + High Energy Physics
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 10:12:12 +0000

You're correct that we originally did numerics via a separate server.
At the time this made sense but with machines being more powerful I
wouldn't try to reproduce this today, except via support for standard
protocols like SOAP and WSDL.  The Windows version of Axiom called NAG
numerical code directly by loading symbols as needed from a DLL, and had
we continued to develop Axiom we would have done the same on Unix.  This
is the approach taken by Maple and Matlab as well, by the way.

Cheers, Mike.