Re: [Axiom-developer] MuPad under trouble

From: Bertfried Fauser
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] MuPad under trouble
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 21:12:21 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 9 Nov 2005, Nicolas M. Thiery wrote:

[Hi Nicolas, I tried this directly to send to you but your return addres
fails, so I post it on this list, sorry to the others]

Hi Nicolas,

> > > The combinat people integrated a tremendous amount of code from
> > > symmetrica, partly SCHUR and forged from these special purpose
> > > (few used?)  programs a good tool.
>
> Thanks :-) Do you mind if I post your comment on our "user
> testimonials" wiki page?

Of course you can! I said it and I meant it. I know Florent Hivert,
Frederic Tomazet and others from the Marn le Valle group and recognize
their work well. However I have to admitt that I never was a user of
Mupad, but only a spektator.

I am activlely developing, together with Rafal Ablamowicz TN, a Clifford
algebra package for Maple. When I decided to search for a second option
for our package I went for AXIOM. However, I want not to do a port but a
rewrie of the Maple code, since it has drawbacks. Till now I haven't found
time to do it anyway, ... hm. Inbetween I became a user of SCHUR and would
like to see its abilities to be kept alife, after Brian Wybourne deceased.

Anyway, if I can help I would be at least an user of an AXIOM based
Combinat packahe and could imagine to spend alos some time to keep it
syncrounous with a Mupad version.

ciao
BF.

% PD Dr Bertfried Fauser
%     Institution: Max Planck Institute for Math, Leipzig
<http://www.mis.mpg.de>
%   Privat Docent: University of Konstanz, Phys Dept
<http://www.uni-konstanz.de>
%  contact|->URL : http://clifford.physik.uni-konstanz.de/~fauser/
%          Phone : Leipzig +49 341 9959 735  Konstanz +49 7531 693491