Re: [Axiom-developer] BAD tim

From: Bob McElrath
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] BAD tim
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 10:11:10 -0800

I've said it before, but...

This whole argument can be broken down into: who is coding, and what
does he want?

The answer is Tim, and he's going to get what he wants by default.

...Unless one of the rest of us is willing/able to pony up the level of
work that Tim is doing, then it makes sense for the two to get together
and discuss strategy.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but who else besides Tim is actively
boot-ifying or lisp-ifying things?

I wish I had the time.  I spent an hour on the phone yesterday with some
Mathematica support rep with a bad french accent because their license
manager decided I wasn't worthy to install the turd.  In the end, it was
a bug in their license manager.  What a waste of my time.  I would far
rather hack on axiom.

--
Cheers,
Bob McElrath [Univ. of California at Davis, Department of Physics]

    "In science, 'fact' can only mean 'confirmed to such a degree that it would
    be perverse to withhold provisional assent.' I suppose that apples might
    start to rise tomorrow, but the possibility does not merit equal time in
    physics classrooms." -- Stephen Jay Gould (1941 - 2002)