[Axiom-developer] Re: axiomui graphics

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: axiomui graphics
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 10:16:52 +0200

Dear Kai,

 > The plots need some improvements, but I don't think that they look like
 > ASCII art, so presumably something's going wrong.

yes.

 > To find out what it is, please visit kaikaminski.gmxhome.de and look at the
 > files 1.png, 2.png and 3.png. They correspond to the three plot commands
 > from the README. If your output doesn't look like this, something is wrong.

indeed, something is wrong.

 > The files 1.svg, 2.svg and 3.svg contain the SVG output from AxiomUI that is
 > used to display the plots in your browser window. They were also used to
 > generate the three PNG files with ImageMagick (convert foo.svg
 > foo.png). Please download them and load them from your harddisk in your
 > browser (loading them directly off my web site might not work, because my
 > provider is too stupid to send the correct content type). If they don't
 > display correctly then there is probably a problem with your browser's SVG
 > support. All three files are valid SVG 1.1 according to the W3C validator
 > and ImageMagick, Safari and Firefox (Deer Park 2 for Linux) display them
 > correctly.

I only have Mozilla (Konqueror doesn't work at all, as I reported earlier on),
and rendering the svg files from your website results in something that looks
quite like your plots, just using ASCII art...

Don't know what to do, but I think I'll just wait until Konqueror is supported,
since I don't want to use Mozilla anyway. I was using

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030630
Adobe SVG Viewer plug-in version 3.01x88

Martin