RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: aldor patches

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: aldor patches
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 03:54:02 -0400

Peter,

I would like to install your aldor patches on the MathAction
Website. My idea is to be able to include Aldor source files
on MathAtion something like this

  \begin{aldor}
  Aldor code
  \end{aldor}

SPAD code can already be compile on MathAction like this:

  \begin{axiom}
  ABBREV ...
  SPAD code
  \end{axiom}

I want to be able to call both SPAD and Aldor modules from Axiom
commands like this:

  \begin{axiom}
  Call to Aldor routines etc.
  \end{axiom}

To that end, I have updated the Axiom sources to tla archive
Patch-44 and also applied the patches to INTERP that you sent
to Tim earlier. As describedf in your email, I extracted
src_aldor.tgz to the axiom/src directory and then I ran 'make'.
The log file from the make is attached. It also shows the
versions of javac and aldor installed on the MathAction
(axiom-developer) server.

In the log file you will note that the make failes starting
at this point:

/home/page/repository/axiom--main--1/src/aldor/Make.rules:31:
/home/page/reposit
ory/axiom--main--1/src/aldor/Make.functions: No such file or directory
/home/page/repository/axiom--main--1/src/aldor/Make.rules:34:
/home/page/reposit
ory/axiom--main--1/src/aldor/Make.axiom: No such file or directory
/home/page/repository/axiom--main--1/src/aldor/Make.rules:35:
/home/page/reposit
ory/axiom--main--1/src/aldor/Make.aldor: No such file or directory
/home/page/repository/axiom--main--1/src/aldor/types.mk:41:
/home/page/repositor
y/axiom--main--1/int/aldor/all_spad_types.mk: No such file or directory

Perhaps this failure has to do with the problems you mentioned
below. I have tried to run document manually on all of the
*.pamphlet files but I still find some missing. Perhaps there are
other problems?

I would be glad to help debug this some more and I look forward to
receiving an updated version of your files.

Thanks.