RE: [Axiom-developer] HyperDoc as static HTML

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] HyperDoc as static HTML
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 12:47:41 -0400

Kai,

This is looking great!

Here are some initial questions and suggestions.

On Thursday, July 07, 2005 11:52 AM you wrote:

> I converted the old HyperDoc pages to HTML and put them up at
> http://kaikaminski.gmxhome.de/hyper/rootpage.html. I use jsMath,
> a Javascript library, to format mathematical expressions, hence
> Javascript must be enabled.

Could you suggest some links to pages that contain jsMath? I quickly
browsed a bunch of pages and the only math I saw was in "ASCII"
format. Perhaps you have not loaded the jsMath directory on your
server? I see a reference to:

   <script src="jsMath/jsMath.js"

But I can't seem to find jsMath/jsMath.js on you server.

On the page:

http://kaikaminski.gmxhome.de/hyper/ugIntroCalcDerivPage.html

I see some "PATCH NOT FOUND!" messages in RED such as:

> We use a factorization-free algorithm.
>
> PATCH NOT FOUND!

What is it supposed to be?

> The dynamic HyperDoc features, i.e. everything that requires
> interaction with either Axiom or the OS, doesn't work, of
> course.

I presume these are things like the \lispdownlink{...} ? For
example

   \lispdownlink{Matrix}{(|bcMatrix|)} Create a matrix

You might try running this command manually or via a pipe in
Axiom like this:

  echo ')lisp (|bcMatrix|)' | AXIOMsys

and capture any usable output.

> On the other hand all the pictures should be there, most of the
> math should look reasonable and the links should all work.

Thanks for sharing this. I think this is a really good effort.

> PS: Don't fix any errors in those files by hand. They are
> generated automatically.

How/when (or if?) would you like errors to be reported to you?