[Axiom-developer] [AxiomGraphics] need to )expose GraphImage and use sam

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] [AxiomGraphics] need to )expose GraphImage and use same llist sizes
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 17:44:37 -0500

Changes http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/AxiomGraphics/diff
--

??changed:
-draw(sin(x), x=%pi/10..%pi)
vp1:=draw(sin(x), x=%pi/10..%pi)

??changed:
-The points in such a graph can be constructed as follows:
This command creates a "view port" and would normally (on linux for
example) also display the graph.

Although due to technical limitations of this system (no Xwindows
environment on the Web server) we are not yet able to display the
graph. But we can still extract extract the graph data from the view
port. Then for example we can display the list of data points that
would be plotted in the graph.

(Note: we disable LaTeX output typesetting in order to save
spage.)

\begin{axiom}
)set output tex off
)set output algebra on
g1:=getGraph(vp1,1)
pointLists(g1)
)set output algebra off
)set output tex on
\end{axiom}

Using lower level functions the points in such a graph can also
be constructed as follows:

??changed:
-makeGraphImage(lineSegments, lineColors, pointColors, lineSize)
g2:=makeGraphImage(lineSegments, lineColors, pointColors, lineSize)
)set output tex off
)set output algebra on
pointLists(g2)
)set output algebra off