[Axiom-developer] Re: Lazy re-evaluation (was: More AxiomUI)

From: Bob McElrath
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: Lazy re-evaluation (was: More AxiomUI)
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 17:31:57 -0700

Page, Bill address@hidden wrote:
> Can \free and \bound names really be determined automatically?

It can be done in maple via the indets() command.  I think the
equivalent in MMA is Variables[].

If you have an expression as a tree, one just needs to traverse it and
examine symbols therein.

--
Cheers,
Bob McElrath [Univ. of California at Davis, Department of Physics]

    "One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen
    these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding
    fathers used in the great struggle for independence." --Charles A. Beard