[Axiom-developer] [#109 hyperdoc uncompress failed]

From: kratt6
Subject: [Axiom-developer] [#109 hyperdoc uncompress failed]
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 06:21:51 -0500

Changes
http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/109HyperdocUncompressFailed/diff
--
(from William Sitt, email of Monday, February 21, 2005 2:51 AM)

I would like to report that compiling Feb 2005 release on Fedora FC2 was
successful. However, when running Hyperdoc and selecting Topic, graphics,
2d-graphics, Parametric Curves, draw(...) I got the error:

  sh: line1: uncompress: command not found.

To solve the problem, I put in the following symbolic links::

  su
  cd /bin
  ln -s gzip compress
  ln -s gunzip uncompress

and that solves the problem.

Perhaps Axiom should change its use of these obsolete commands?
--
forwarded from http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/address@hidden