[Axiom-developer] how to expand trig functions ?

From: Francois Maltey
Subject: [Axiom-developer] how to expand trig functions ?
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 15:01:54 +0200

Hello,

I play with expand(sin(...)) :

expand (sin (x+y)) is right, but

1/ I can't get expand (sin (2*x))

2/ The result of expand (sin (x+y+z)) doesn't seem complete.
   axiom only apply twice the expanded sin (a+b) and cos (a+b).
   I prefer the maple and mupad method. The formula is completly expanded.

Is there a reason for this ?

Do you think the axiom-code must remain as now ?
or is it possible to improve it ? If you think so, I propose to look at this.

Am I right when I see it's comming from this src/algebra/manip.spad file ?

)abbrev package TRMANIP TranscendentalManipulations
++ Transformations on transcendental objects