[Axiom-developer] address@hidden: 2005 Wolfram Technology Conference]

From: Tim Daly
Subject: [Axiom-developer] address@hidden: 2005 Wolfram Technology Conference]
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 11:13:02 -0400

Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 03:03:36 -0500
To: address@hidden
From: Stephen Wolfram <address@hidden>
Subject: 2005 Wolfram Technology Conference
Sender: Stephen Wolfram <address@hidden>

Last year we held our first-ever Wolfram Technology Conference,
covering the complete spectrum of applications of Mathematica
and our other technologies.

I'm happy to say that the conference was a great success. Many
attendees told us how much they got out of it, and encouraged us
to let everyone know well in advance about the next conference.

So I'm writing today to tell you that registration is now open
for the 2005 Wolfram Technology Conference, to be held October
6-8 at our company headquarters in Illinois. You can sign up at
the conference website:
http://www.wolfram.com/techconf2005

Almost all of our senior R&D staff from around the world will be
participating in this year's Technology Conference--so this is a
perfect opportunity to learn first-hand about Mathematica from
the people who build it, give your compliments or complaints,
and lobby for new features!

The Technology Conference will be an intense 3-day event, packed
with sessions from early morning to late evening. There will be
multiple tracks, with something for everyone--from novice users
to 17-year power veterans.

At last year's event it was great to see so many people learning
so much so quickly. "I had no idea Mathematica could do *that*"
was something I overheard many times at the conference--not only
from attendees but also our own staff!

It seemed like everyone had a very good time at the Technology
Conference. Laptops were swinging. Everyone was interacting.
Semiconductor designers could be seen in rapt conversation with
math educators, financial engineers with geologists, energetic
students with senior managers.

There's a lot of excitement around Mathematica right now--and I
think some of the things we'll be announcing in the next few
months will add even more.

We're going to have a terrific Technology Conference this
year--and I hope you'll be able to join us.

- --Stephen Wolfram