RE: [Axiom-developer] RE: [Gcl-devel] Re: axiom porting

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] RE: [Gcl-devel] Re: axiom porting
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 14:32:18 +1000

Hi Bill/Camm.

| >OK, I've just tested on Linux under ANSI, and it works the same for
| >me (as it should).  If this is not the case on Windows, please someone
| >let me know asap.
| >

| Perhaps Mike's test demonstrates that this is not working on the
| Windows ANSI version, but it works fine for me on Windows XP
| with the non-ANSI version.

I just tried the CLtL1 build - no joy.

There are definite problems with the new code as socket variables should be
defined with SOCKET (an unsigned int) rather than int and the error return
values on Windows are not the same as on BSD systems however I just tried to
eliminate those problems and still have the same trouble.

I'm using Internet Explorer.  I'll keep looking perhaps tomorrow.  Hopefully
this is due to a stupid mistake on my part.

Cheers

Mike Thomas.