[Axiom-developer] Debian/Stable Packages Built + Summary of issues

From: Balbir Thomas
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Debian/Stable Packages Built + Summary of issues
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 04:56:21 -0500

Hi,
I did manage to build packages for Debian/Woody (Stable).
I have uploaded these at
http://www.scientificcomputing.net/debian/packages/axiom
I will try and keep this till sarge is released.  These
are on my home computer  so downloads may be slow. But I
doubt many wanting axiom on debian will insist on  using
stable :-)

I have not extensively tested this other than running a
few examples from the hypertex browser. But will ofcourse
be using it till sarge comes around.

There are essentially two issues in building axiom on
debian stable.

1) The occurance of stray backslash characters in
   src/algebra/Makefile  (i.e. \$ instead of $).
   Build progresses after making substitutions:
   's/\\\$/$/g'

2) Directories of the forms *.NRLIB are not created
   in mnt/linux/algebra. The is the second point
   where build fails. On creating these directories
   manually the  build progresses to completion.

   This failure corresponds to the pattern rule
   for "${MID}/%.o: ${MID}/%.lsp" in
   src/algebra/Makefile

   (Please disregard what I said about the second
    failure in my previous mails, I was sleepy
    and confused as hell :-)

Two files build1.log and build2.log  at the above url
are the build logs ending in the first and second
build failure.

Finally, thank you for all your paitence and efforts.

sincerely
b thomas