[Axiom-developer] [AxiomProblems] Pattern Matching

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] [AxiomProblems] Pattern Matching
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 16:20:43 -0600

Changes http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/AxiomProblems/diff
--

--removed:
-
-From unknown Mon Mar 7 13:41:44 -0600 2005
-From:
-Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 13:41:44 -0600
-Subject: Problem with coefficients
-
-I feel there is a problem with 'coefficients' operator for
MultivariatePolynomial domain. Let's examine a simple case:
-\begin{axiom}
-Dg :=  [p3 - 3p2 + 3p1 - p0,3p2 - 6p1 + 3p0,3p1 - 3p0,p0]
-\end{axiom}
-Now calculate coefficients in two ways:
-\begin{axiom}
-map(coefficients, Dg::List MPOLY([p0,p1,p2,p3],?))
-\end{axiom}
-and
-\begin{axiom}
-[4 more lines...]

??changed:
-[[I had a typo in the previous case]]
-I feel there is a problem with 'coefficients' operator for
MultivariatePolynomial domain. Let's examine a simple case:
[[If you have a typo then just click 'edit' and correct it.]]
I feel there is a problem with 'coefficients' operator for
MultivariatePolynomial domain. Let's examine a simple case:

??changed:
-As you see the list are all reversed, but... they were not padded with zeros.
While in my opinion they should be - we have a given order of variables, and
alone 1 in the last list suggests that this is a coefficient of p3 while it
isn't. It is a coefficient of p0.
-
-
As you see the list are all reversed, but... they were not padded
with zeros. While in my opinion they should be - we have a given
order of variables, and alone 1 in the last list suggests that this
is a coefficient of p3 while it isn't. It is a coefficient of p0.

??changed:
-member?(sin(z),kernels(test)
member?(sin(z),kernels(test))

--