[Axiom-developer] Re: latexwiki update

From: Bob McElrath
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: latexwiki update
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 20:20:02 -0800

Bill Page address@hidden wrote:
> Bob,
>
> On Wednesday, February 23, 2005 3:55 PM you wrote:
> >
> > FWIW you should have a LatexTemplate file (this is normally created
> > by the install procedure), so that you can add packages and macros.
> >

> Yes of course I could copy or create one, but I started by creating a
> Plone site, then I did a LatexWiki install. But no LatexTemplate file
> was created in the root of the Plone site so LatexWiki tried to use the
> default template embedded in the latexWrapper.py script.
>
> About image alignment. When I create a standalone LatexWiki, everything
> looks nice. When I use LatexWiki inside Plone with Simon's "standard"
> skin the LaTeX generated images do not align well with HTML generated
> characters. But if I log-in and click the 'plone' then the alignment is
> good again. Compare
>
>   http://test.axiom-developer.org/plainwiki  (stand alone)
>   http://test.axiom-developer.org/mathaction (standard skin in Plone)

Yeah I noticed that earlier...

> Do you have any ideas about the proper way to link the latexwiki.css
> and related stuff into the 'standard' Zwiki Plone skin?

If you use the Plone Quick Installer it runs my install method for
plone, which creates a ploneCustom.css file that contains the necessary
magic, and your "plone" skin does not look like a plone page...and does
not include the (several) plone css files, including ploneCustom.css.

--
Cheers,
Bob McElrath [Univ. of California at Davis, Department of Physics]

    "Faith: Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks
    without knowledge, of things without parallel." -- Ambrose Bierce