[Axiom-developer] Latest MacOS X issues...]

From: root
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Latest MacOS X issues...]
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 19:27:42 -0500

Sorry, I've been unable to send outgoing email for a while.....

Camm,

Can you tell me the configure options that are needed on the MAC?

Pierre,

The process is

configure
make Makefile
  make noweb/Makefile              (build noweb)
  make src/scripts/Makefile        (build literate commands)
  run notangle to extract Makefile.MACOSX
  make -f Makefile.MACOSX
    set up directories
    make noweb                     (does nothing if it exists)
    make src/Makefile setup        (creates Axiom C code for Lisp)
    make src/lsp/Makefile          (builds GCL,
                                    create obj/MACOSX/bin/lisp)
    make src/Makefile
      make src/scripts/Makefile    (build commands)
      make src/lib/Makefile        (make libspad.a, the gen. purpose C code)
      make src/boot/Makefile       (compile boot/*,
                                    create obj/MACOSX/bin/bootsys)
      make src/interp/Makefile     (compile interp/*,
                                    create obj/MACOSX/bin/depsys,
                                    create obj/MACOSX/bin/interpsys)
      make src/share/Makefile      (copy util.ht, command.list)
      make src/algebra/Makefile    (compile algebra,
                                    create obj/MACOSX/bin/AXIOMsys)
      make src/etc/Makefile        (create databases, asq command, axiom cmd)
      make src/clef/Makefile       (create clef)
      make src/doc/Makefile        (create book)
      make src/graph/Makefile      (create graphics)
      make src/sman/Makefile       (create sman)
      make src/hyper/Makefile      (create hyperdoc)
      make src/input/Makefile      (test system)

You've gotten into the src/interp/Makefile step. It looks like you
might have run out of memory? Perhaps the configure should still
use enable-vssize and enable-maxpage? I say this because lisp has
clearly passed the stage of building, compiling bootsys, and saving
an image (depsys) which starts and compiles successfully.

Tim