RE: [Axiom-developer] Axiom Mathaction output emails

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Axiom Mathaction output emails
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 13:57:07 -0500

On Thursday, February 10, 2005 11:48 AM C Y wrote:

> a)  Could the email output be changed for Mathaction so that,
> instead of email after email, there is one "digest" email that
> is sent out each day that contains all the "minor" changes, and
> have more substantial changes be sent as individual emails?
> That way, we can still see all the changes but the "minor" ones
> are easier to ignore if we don't need to check them out.  I know
> the definition of "minor" is not simple and maybe not even
> possible, but perhaps some sort of workable definition could
> be found?

As you say, I don't know how to separate minor from more
substantial changes and right now we do not have a separate
email list just for MathAction notices (but we could). However
it is possible to choose to receive a once-a-day "digest" from
the axiom-developer email list. Click the link:

http://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/options/axiom-developer

You must give you email address and the password that you
choose when you first subscribed to the axiom-developer email
list. Click 'Log in". Then you can change your settings by
"Set Digest Mode - On" and then finally "Submit my changes".

> b)  Can there be a "scratchpad" area where people can input
> test expressions without those equations being sent to the
> list, except perhaps again as a "digest" email?  That way,
> we could see what equations people are trying, what mistakes
> are being made, but not have them mixed in with normal developer
> traffic.

I have set the mailout_policy property to None for the page

http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/SandBox

I think that this will prevent all edits and comments to this
page from generating email notices. If this works (the ZWiki
documentation is a little unclear), then we can point first-time
users who want to experiment to this page.

Thanks for the questions.