[Axiom-developer] draw work well within X-term

From: chu-ching huang
Subject: [Axiom-developer] draw work well within X-term
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 13:43:28 +0800

Hi Tim and others,

>I suspect the problem is that the axiom interface module is calling AXIOMsys
(the actual axiom >interpreter) rather than the axiom shell script. The axiom
shell script starts the sman (superman) >process which starts AXIOMsys, the
hyperdoc browser, and the graphics connection. If you call >AXIOMsys directly
then graphics will not work.

>Please open a command terminal, set your AXIOM variable and PATH variable,
and type axiom. Then >retry the draw command. Please let me know if this
succeeds or fails and send a message to the >address@hidden
mailing list.

You are right. "draw" works well within X-term but not within Texmacs. I will
release the Knoppix soon.

Thanks again

chu-ching huang