RE: [Axiom-developer] Axiom on Fedora Core 3

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Axiom on Fedora Core 3
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 21:56:55 -0500

On Thursday, January 27, 2005 2:30 PM Ammar Hakim wrote:

> I tried to compile Axiom on Fedora Core 3 after changing
> the Makefile.pamphlet for GCL to configure GCL with
> --disable-statsysbfd --enable-locbfd.
> After doing this GCL works yet the code in src/boot fails
> to compile. I now get the following error message. Has
> anybody else compiled Axiom on Fedora 3 before? If so
> suggestions will be helpful.

I see similar questions but no positive answers in the email
archives. Just today Tim Daly posted an message about the
latest development version (not yet in CVS) that says (in part):

> 20050126 tpd configure test for fedora core 3 system
> 20050126 tpd Makefile add fedora3 section

so by implication I think the answer to your question is that no
one has built Axiom successfully on Fedora 3 from the Savannah
CVS. However apparently Tim has been working on it and has not
yet had time to reply to you question. If you are interested in
testing the new version that might work, you will have to download
Axiom from the arch repository. See details on how to do this see:

http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/ArchUsage

Or you could wait a week and refresh from CVS since this version
is scheduled to be uploaded to the Savannah CVS at the beginning
of February.