RE: [Axiom-developer] Problem compiling Axiom on Ferora Core 3...

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Problem compiling Axiom on Ferora Core 3...
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 15:26:28 -0500

Ammar Hakim,

This problem has been discussed on the Axiom developer email list.

The short answer is to modify the lsp/Makefile.pamphlet to
change the configuration options as follows:

 configure with --disable-statsysbfd --enable-locbfd

This solution solves problems of several different kinds on
some of the less common linux systems. Let us know if you
need more detailed help to do this.

You may also get some useful information from the following
posts:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/axiom-developer/2005-01/msg00529.html

 [#33 GCL fails to compile on Fedora Core 3] (new)

http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/33GCLFailsToCompileOnFedoraC
ore3

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/axiom-developer/2004-11/msg00098.html

"Minor update to the afore posted patch to work with the local
bfd source.  This is the version now on the [GCL] website errata
page: ..."

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/axiom-developer/2004-11/msg00117.html

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/axiom-developer/2004-11/msg00107.html