Re: [Axiom-developer] Graphics and Axiom (was Re: touchgraph, hypertex,

From: Kostas Oikonomou
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Graphics and Axiom (was Re: touchgraph, hypertex,
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 09:58:00 -0500

Tim,

In "Re: [Axiom-developer] Graphics and Axiom (was Re: touchgraph, hypertex,"
you wrote, among other things,

On the practical, near-term front I've got to get graphics (and
hypertex) running on windows. To that end I'm rewriting the C code
into common lisp and using TK as the front-end. This will make the
graphics instantly portable and much more maintainable. But the long
term effect will be that the graphics code is written in the samelanguage and
can be run in the same image as the algebra.

Using TK for at least hypertex sounds like a great idea to me.  Hypertex as
it is looks definitely dated. Will the TK version be available to the Unix
Axiom also?

                                Kostas