Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: MacOS X development

From: Pierre Doucy
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: MacOS X development
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 11:16:01 +0100

OK, in order,

I'm confortable with X11, and using it extensively, so no problem from there.

I had already tried to build axiom with 'linux' as a platform, and was
able to correct the few problems you talk about in the past few
messages of this thread. I also noticed the MACOSX target (as
discussed in a previous thread in the mailing list) - which should be
advertised by configure, by the way.

I'm now working with the axiom--MACOSX--1 branch, which seems to
correct the libintl and SIGCHLD problems. Now my problem is in wct.c,
with errors related to time.h. Quite weird because if I compile the
same code somewhere else it just works...

I'm also confortable with literate programming, so no problem here either.

My questions were more like :
- "how should the patches be made; i.e. in a gentle manner so that the
MACOSX and main branches can be merged, or can they remain separate ?"
If I understand well the past few messages, main and MACOSX have to be
able to be merged at some point.

- Is there a defined plans, or is there already some people working
seriously on it, who have gone further in the process of building
axiom in a Mac, but haven't commited it yet, so that I don't duplicate
their work ?

Pierre

--
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function.