[Axiom-developer] RE: [#8 (Savannah bug #9297) output misses some parent

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] RE: [#8 (Savannah bug #9297) output misses some parenthesis] fixed in February build
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 22:08:22 -0500

Tim,

On Thursday, January 20, 2005 10:33 PM you wrote:

> ok. perhaps i missed it.
> please reopen it and, if you can, give an input that fails
> so i can test it later.

This issue is the first of the 4 patches previously submitted
by Martin to Savannah that I did not include in my December
changes to axiom--windows--1. In all, Martin submitted 8 patches.
I implemented 4 of them and you transferred these to axiom--main--1
when you did the merge from axiom--windows--1. But there were 4
more that I have not implemented because in my opinion there has
not been enough analysis of their impact. I think that the proposed
patches are "quick fixes" that are not sufficiently general.

I suppose we should have input files for all of the reported
bugs. Besides these 4 patches (which have corresponding bug
reports on Savannah) there are about 10 more bug reports on
Savannah that do not yet have patches. But transferring these
to issuetracker and making up input files etc. is going to
take some time.

In the case of this particular issue, the "input file" is
already present right in the bug report itself. It contains
some

\begin{axiom}
\end{axiom}

commands that illustrate the problem.