[Axiom-developer] Clarification: IssueTracker? NO, axiom-developer list

From: Vladimir Bondarenko
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Clarification: IssueTracker? NO, axiom-developer list, always.
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 10:25:17 +0200

William,

I believe there might be a misunderstanding.

You write:

PB> Why are you spaming the issuetracker with so many poorly
PB> formatted emails from axiom-developer email list?

Actually, while I find some IssueTracker's features to be
nice findings (say, the hues of red to distinguish between
the severity levels), I still NEVER used IssueTracker's URL
or address@hidden for sending anything.

What I do is ALWAYS the same, I post my messages to
address@hidden , plus, a CC to a person who might
be especially interested in this. I saw such a scheme of
posting at the messages I got from AXIOM Developers.

I have already seen today a big mess at IssueTracker (unreadable!)
and strongly support your idea of full, easy readability.

PB> Why are you spaming the issuetracker with so many poorly
PB> formatted emails from axiom-developer email list?

Do you mean that when I send messages to address@hidden
they go automatically to IssueTracker?

If it is the case, I certainly did not expect this. In such a case
what should I do to use only emails for correspondence and keep the
things clean? (I get accustomed to e-mail messages and at my slow &
costly dial-up I anyway cannot afford to fiddle around with
IssueTracker)

What is maybe free for you, I get out of my pocket to help the
Axiom Developers in their grand task.

PB> Also, it would be very nice if you would identify yourself
PB> to the system by setting 'preferences' before issuing so
PB> many messages so that we can be sure who to 'blame'.

What do you mean by 'preferences'?
What URL(s) should I use to do it?

Best wishes,

Vladimir

Tuesday, January 18, 2005, 6:55:56 AM, you write: