Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: Mathaction edit/preview/save problem

From: William Sit
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: Mathaction edit/preview/save problem
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 02:41:11 -0500

Bill:

> I am sorry for the length of this reply.

Guess we are both long-winded (showing at least my age).

> Although I do not have
> any immediate solution to your problem, I hope I have at least
> explained some important things about MathAction below in response
> to your questions and suggestions.  I would very much like to
> make it possible for you to use MathAction since I do truly
> believe that it would make it possible for you to write even more
> interesting things then the things that you are already writing
> about simply by email!

I would certainly like to be able to add comments and so on to Mathaction, which
is such a nice interface.

Thank you for your help and detail info. Solving network problems is hard and I
appreciate you methodical way to approach it.

> BTW, what version of Firefox are you running?

Firefox 1.0

> Anyway, using Preview does not generate any notification and
> that should be enough for testing. If Preview works then it
> is quite certain that Save will work.

> All of this still suggests to some serious network configuration
> problem either at your location or perhaps at your ISP.

Isn't only ascii text is transmitted? Do you need https? (I only see http).

I did some more experiment on the Sandbox MainPage. But I found that I can only
preview very short pages (like three or 4 lines) and anything longer, it won't
go through.

I'll try checking on the network when I got more time. Thanks again.

William