Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: hyperdoc

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: hyperdoc
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 13:20:25 -0500

> I agree TeXmacs has great math formula output, and for quite a while I
> think it will be the best solution for my particular work style.  I
> still think the long term potential of a lisp/McCLIM based GUI is worth
> investigating, but that is something I need to be able to demonstrate
> before proposing seriously.

Well you're almost there. Hyperdoc is currently being rewritten in
common lisp using ltk (http://www.peter-herth.de/ltk) which uses TK
as the front end. I tried for days to get McClim to run without
success. I'd rather go that way but McClim seems to still need much
work. LTK is simple and, so far, just seems to work. In any case it
should be possible to write a McClim version of the ltk/TK primitives
when McClim starts to work and the rest of hypertex will already be
lisp.

Tim