Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: hyperdoc

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: hyperdoc
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 13:13:16 -0500

> Perhaps an addition, with LaTeX (prosper files style) one can make quite
> nice interactive pdf-presentations and in the above described setting, one
> might even be able to produce pdf-slides which call AXIOM and display
> AXIOM results by pressing the button, that would be great for
> presentations....

I'd encourage everyone to look at ADVI (http://pauillac.inria.fr/advi)

This is a dvi viewer that allows you to include an amazing amount of
functionality, some of which I really want in the future.

There are two pieces of interest. First you can embed moving graphics
in the .dvi file and second you can embed an active terminal (like
an axiom command prompt).

With these two pieces of function you can now write documentation that
has all of axiom directly embedded in your document. Pamphlet files
are intended to eventually go in this direction.

Tim