[Axiom-developer] Windows space in directory/file names

From: William Sit
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Windows space in directory/file names
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 09:47:58 -0500

Hi Bill:

Thanks. I fixed the path and compiling problem by:
(1) move the entire axiom directory to a different one j:\openaxiom\axiom
from j:\Program Files\axiom
(2) remove my old rm.exe from the h:\dostools directory (which is in the path)
(3) change environmental variable AXIOM to reflect the change and the same for
the path for the desktop icon
(4) add the directory for cygwin\bin which contains a more modern version of
rm.exe to the path. Somehow, my mingw\bin does not have rm.exe.

Regarding spaces in directories or files, in URL's they use %20 (20h is ascii
for space). Can something like that be done for files and directories? I admit
that is ugly though.

William
---