RE: [Axiom-developer] Graphics in patch 23

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Graphics in patch 23
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 22:21:22 -0500

Kostas,

On Tuesday, January 11, 2005 9:17 AM you asked:

> I noticed that graphics (sman) do not work in my Solaris
> build. Are graphics supposed to work with patch 23?

You should check the CHANGLOG file in the root directory
of your axiom build. Near the top it should say something
about graphics. If not, then it is per graphics.

> If not, how do I update (to patch 24, I guess) so that
> I don't have to rebuild everything?  I really don't know
> anything about arch, so I need some help :-)

Assuming that you got the source originally from
axiom--main--1 then you can do the following:

 $ cd root-of-axiom
 $ tla update

will pull all of the new changes from the archive.
I suggest making a backup copy of the entire directory
first to be safe, but I have not yet had any problem with
tla that required this.

tla update will attempt to keep all of your local change
and merge in other changes from your archive. It will
let you know if there are conflicts (unlikely).

After you update the source as above, theny you just
need to run

 $ configure
 $ make

'make' will normally only rebuild the minimum that is
required.

Let me know if anything I have assumed doesn't make
sense to you. I know that Tim has created another
branch of the archive named axiom--solaris--1. I assume
that this is *not* the branch from which I got the
original source. If you get a good compile of Axiom
for Solaris after you do the tla update and graphics
(and now hyperdoc, too) are working, then I am sure that
Tim will want to merge your changes back to the new
branch that he created.