Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: algebra Makefiles with explicit dependencies,

From: root
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: algebra Makefiles with explicit dependencies, bootstrap, fixed-points etc.
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 21:28:07 -0500

> > Ah. The easy part. But you missed the hard part. There are
> > input files listed in src/input/Makefile.pamphlet that do not
> > currently get built. They have various errors which I have not
> > had time to track yet. If we are going to change the basic
> > algebra we need to check each of these files to either make
> > sure they are still broken in the same way or are fixed.
> >

> Ok, great. Is there an easy way to run these in the current
> build?

Bill, in order to run these you can either do it by modifying the
makefile to require the targets or, the easier path is to just
run the document command on the pamphlet, e.g.

given test.input.pamphlet you would type:

document test.input

and then you can start axiom and try to run the input file.
One of the "todo" tasks is to run the graphics input files in
the latest version because they should generate correct graphs now.

I'd be overjoyed to find that some of the problems have been solved.
Some of those bugs are from the original scratchpad system.