[Axiom-developer] Axiom website statistics for December and January to d

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Axiom website statistics for December and January to date
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 21:40:39 -0500

Tim,

On Sunday, January 09, 2005 5:09 PM you wrote:

> There are several hundred people at least looking at axiom
> (given the download numbers) so we have a responsibility
> to make sure that our changes are correct, complete, and
> necessary.

You are right, but I think your estimate of the number of people
currently looking at Axiom is too small by about a factor of 10.

Axiom for Windows has already been downloaded more that 250 times
so far in January - more than 25 times per day. The Axiom book has
been downloaded about 100 times so far this month - more than 10
times per day.

During the month of December Axiom for Windows was downloaded 850
times. The Axiom book was downloaded 1201 times. There were 22
downloads of the axiom.20040418.tgz linux binary.

The MathAction website does not track the number of times Axiom
was downloaded from CVS or from the arch branches so the number
of linux users who have a running version of open source Axiom
is kind of hard to estimate, but at least 100 users might not be
a bad guess.

At least 2354 different people (different ip addresses) visited
the MathAction website during December. Trying hard not to count
the large number of accesses by web search engines, it appears
that these 2,350 people viewed at least 12,800 pages from the
MathAction site.