Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: [Axiom-developer] Failure in Solaris 9 build, patch

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: [Axiom-developer] Failure in Solaris 9 build, patch 23
Date: 04 Jan 2005 12:14:11 -0500

Greetings, and thanks!

Am still looking over the details, but am still suspicious of the bfd
without failure (wasn't there a 'cannot get relocated section
contents' earlier?), the location of this error is at the first point
in which an image with saved loaded .o files is executed.  There may
be an an asynchronization between the bfd.h and libbfd.a available on
your system.

Here is a simple test which would be helpful:

gcl
>(defun foo (x) (* x x))
>(compile 'foo)
>(si::save-system "/tmp/bar")

/tmp/bar:
>(foo 2)
4

I notice that you are not configuring with --disable-statsysbfd
--enable-locbfd.  I would suggest this, at least at the beginning,
hoping that the work you've already done will eliminate previous
problems you've had with this pathway.

Also noticed that your util.lisp is loaded into the interpreter
(i.e. non-compiled), the only difference I can see with my last
successful build log.  Also, there was a failure to find a package
file earlier on, the resolution of which is unclear from the output.

Barring bfd, the next step is to extract the input being fed to
(interpsys?) in the error below, and run it by hand thus:

.....interpsys
)lisp (si::use-fast-links nil)
)lisp (load "input file.lisp")
>>:bt  (backtrace)

If we cannot see what is happening here, then the next step is to
recompile with gcl configured with --enable-debug, get to the error
below, and then run the image under gdb, breaking at FEerror, and
running the lisp commands above.

Hope some of this helps.

Take care,