[Axiom-developer] axiom--windows--1--patch-8/src/input

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] axiom--windows--1--patch-8/src/input
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 22:33:50 -0500

Tim,

When I did a new windows build today, I noticed that it no
longer runs the input test files at all. Is this intentional?
The tla cat-log patch-8 only says: "The input directory needs
to occur after all of the other directories." Did you mean
by this to delay running the tests or is something broken?

BTW, I think the best way to run the tests in input might be
a separate 'make' step like this

  make test

Several open source packages that I have built recently have
had such an optional make step between the 'make' and the
'make install'. This would solve the problem with building
Axiom on systems without X-windows, since there could also
be an optional step like

  make test-graphics