Re: [Axiom-developer] [TeXmacs]

From: Bob McElrath
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] [TeXmacs]
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 17:05:21 -0800

Page, Bill address@hidden wrote:

> Since ZWiki appears to generate the email directly from the
> original source format, on the last edits to the website that
> I did, I deliberately keep the editing line length of the
> text contents short, anticipating how these edits would look
> when sent out as email. I think the fact that you found the
> result more readable confirms my proposal that ZWiki should
> do such line folding automatically during the preparation
> of the email.
>
> I can make this change on the MathAction site and then
> propose a patch to the ZWiki developers.

There used to be such functionality in zwiki...that I removed.
It was mangling emails when a zwiki page was used as a mailing list.

line wrapping is fine as long as it is done by the diff piece or
web-form submit piece.  Just don't mangle incoming emails.  ;)

The code is at the end of Mail.py, formatMailout() and in my codebase,
and there are some relevant things in tests/testMail.py.  If you have
any trouble locating the old code, shoot me an email and I'll send it to
you.

--
Cheers,
Bob McElrath [Univ. of California at Davis, Department of Physics]

    "It's not the people who vote that count. It's the people who count the
    votes." -- Joseph Stalin