Re: [Axiom-developer] Beta Announcement / Final Questions

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Beta Announcement / Final Questions
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 12:53:39 +0100

Please excuse the intolerable amount of spam.

Since I have the OK of root, I'm going to announce Axiom Beta today
evening. Two questions remain:

1) Frederic suggested, that we should continue with the version numbers of
   commercial Axiom. He stated that the last version was 2.3, so I see three
   possibilities:

   - we stick with 1.0 Beta, since axiom is free now and that's a major change

   - we continue with 3.0 Beta, since axiom is free now and that's a major
     change, but there are only tiny changes to functionality.

   - we continue with 2.4 Beta, since axiom is free now and there are only tiny
     changes to functionality.

2) Are there any chances

   - that the patches from savannah plus the mysterious patch to bug #5977
     x^2+1::DMP([x],INT) are applied to axiom--main--1

   - that axiom--main--1 will be copied into cvs

   - that binaries with the patches applied exist in the Download section

   today evening or tommorow morning?

3) Bob, if you can make up your mind about your wish regarding the bounty, I'll
   include this in the release-notes, or you can do it yourself, if you prefer.

If there are no reponses regarding 1), I'll take 3.0 Beta as versioning number.

If one of the points in 2) would be possible, I'll wait with the release until
tomorrow and adapt it accordingly.

Thanks for all the great work,

Martin