[Axiom-developer] ISBNs...

From: Arthur Norman
Subject: [Axiom-developer] ISBNs...
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 20:54:44 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

I read the ISBN section and it seems reasonable. Before we order one
we should probably be sure we have a printable book worth buying.

I would imagine that if one attaches an ISBN to a document then that document must be considered TOTALLY FROZEN, so otherwise the ISBN would not be a useful unique identification. I would certainly feel upset if I told my students what book to buy and went to the trouble of telling them what ISBN to check for and found that what they bought differed in even the most minor way (eg pagination) from the version I based any of my course handouts on. So I think you will all need to decide just how stable the book wants to be how soon... oe whether people will want to keep adding in updates and improvements...
              Arthur