[Axiom-developer] call for papers

From: Tim Daly
Subject: [Axiom-developer] call for papers
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 09:32:59 -0500

Camm,

> so all development is via savannah for the forseable future, right?

I'm still using savannah for most things like CVS but I shifted the
web pages to axiom-developer.org (a data-center hosted box I pay for)
because I couldn't seem to update the web pages nor the download site
on savannah. These two pages are actually offsite links to my box.

In the longer term I'd like to recover Arch, which I had running
previously. I blew out my guest disk space quota and got kicked off the
box. When I went to my own box I couldn't get Arch working again.
There is no such thing as a simple job.

I believe I've gotten Arch running locally (still one more thing to
check). Arch gives me better control over branching and has changesets
so I'm inclined to favor it. There are at least a dozen branches of
work on Axiom that I maintain locally, mostly in one big swamp. I
started breaking them out into separate arch branches so other people
could work on them. So one long term (next year or so) direction is to
use arch for development and CVS for working, released snapshots on
savannah.

Also, the test cases, like the graphics test cases I'm working on now,
are supposed to be combed out into the CATS (Computer Algebra Test Suite)
project. The plan is to take the CRC handbook of curves and surfaces and
encode it so that it can be used to test the graphics on several CA systems
rather than just Axiom. So CATS is technically a separate project and
arch will support that better than CVS. At the moment CATS is just a
massive directory on my localhost.