Re: [Axiom-developer] LaTeX output

From: Andrey G. Grozin
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] LaTeX output
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 01:35:04 +0600 (NOVT)

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004, David MENTRE wrote:
> "Andrey G. Grozin" <address@hidden> writes:
> >> 1. Either I duplicate the LaTeX generation code to TeXmacs generation
> >> code, make adjustments, and introduce a new command
> >> )set output texmacs on
> >> (haven't looked at the code which processes system commands, but I'm sure
> >> this must be not too difficult).
> > This is exactly what I'm going to do when I'll have a little free time.
> > We need one more thing: parametrized prefixes and suffixes for all prompts
> > Axiom can generate. I haven't studied the interpreter code in any detail,
> > but I suppose this also should be not too difficult.
> It is certainly the path to follow. However I'm wondering if it is not
> more efficient and future-proof (albeit probably more difficult) to
> produce directly TeXmacs scheme?
But I mean exactly this. If axiom will output some parametrized strings
* at its start
* before each prompt
* after each prompt (before user input)
* after user input (before any output)
* after its finish
then these strings can implement the TeXmacs protocol directly. No need to
start tm_axiom (this monster can be killed). This has been successfully
done in maxima-5.9.1, and now no maxima_filter is used - TeXmacs and
maxima communicate directly.

Andrey