Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: How to use MathAction

From: Bob McElrath
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: How to use MathAction
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 11:36:39 -0700

Martin Rubey address@hidden wrote:
>  > but a rather poor platform for casual discussion. For example, one can only
>  > add comments at the bottom, making it difficult to refer to lines or codes
>  > on the page.
>
> That's only correct if you want to use it via email. I wouldn't suggest
> that. What you can do is: press edit, copy the whole content of the page into
> your favorite text editor, modify it, paste it back.

Please note the "external edit" icon in the upper right corner on the
mathaction wiki.  (the pencil icon)  Configuring a small helper
application with your browser will allow you to automatically open any
wiki page in your favorite editor.

    http://zwiki.org/ExternalEditor

I was just thinking it might be nice to edit axiom/wiki documents with
some of the tex macros I have for vim, which automatically collapse
sections like \begin{axiom}...\end{axiom}.

>  > I don't like text files and much prefer LaTeX to get pdf or dvi output.
>
> You can (and should) use LaTeX (where appropriate)!

Note that future plans for latexwiki include a ps/pdf output mode.

Help on this would be appreciated.  I can give pointers.  There's lots
to do.

--
Cheers,
Bob McElrath [Univ. of California at Davis, Department of Physics]

    It is unpatriotic to question the Kleptocracy.