Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom crashing in Zope-Plone

From: Bob McElrath
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom crashing in Zope-Plone
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 12:38:41 -0700

Page, Bill address@hidden wrote:
> Bob McElrath supplied some details of the debian and
> axiom installation on his Alpha system which was still
> failing with a seg fault.
>
> Your suggested possible cause being "libc et.al dynamic
> dependencies" in the case of Bob's system seems plausible
> to me. I expect he will get back to you about this soon.

alpha architecture:
    ii  libc6.1           2.3.2.ds1-11      GNU C Library: Shared libraries
axiom segfaults
    ii  libc6.1           2.3.2.ds1-16      GNU C Library: Shared libraries
axiom runs fine

i386 architecture:
    ii  libc6             2.3.2.ds1-12      GNU C Library: Shared libraries
axiom runs fine

Thus, it would appear that the debian package needs to add a dependency
on libc6 2.3.2.ds1-12 or greater.  I do not know why on alpha it is
"libc6.1" and on intel it is "libc6".

Hans, can you confirm on intel?

--
Cheers,
Bob McElrath [Univ. of California at Davis, Department of Physics]

    It is unpatriotic to question the Kleptocracy.