RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: Mixing up variables: (was Re: conditionallydef

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: Mixing up variables: (was Re: conditionallydefined functions)
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 18:30:49 +0000

Bill Page writes:

 > Well, as a physicist it seems that I am often in the position of having to
 > remind myself that it is user *perceptions* and not facts that determine how
 > users behave. :)

Yes indeed. And experience tells me that mathematicians in general and me in
particular are especially irrational beings...

 > Lately I seem to be dealing more and more with the fact that people view
 > interaction via the web (as in the case of a wiki) quite differently than
 > they view material that is delivered and distributed via email. This
 > currently seems to be a major obstacle to implementing active collaboration
 > via the web. :(

I would regard email exchange as part of the web. Email and MathAction however
differ (for me) in one important point: I read email using emacs, and I browse
MathAction using Konqueror. Very different feeling!

It seems that we both think that MathAction should get a little more attention.
Probably it would be good indeed to notify the axiom mailing lists when major
changes have been done to MathAction. I think I'll volonteer.

 > > PS: How're pamphlets going?
 >
 > Maybe later this weekend on test.axiom-developer.org

Yeah, yeah, yeah! If you weren't that far away physically I'd bring you some
chocolate...

Martin