Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: your mail

From: Dirk Eddelbuettel
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: your mail
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 16:32:33 -0500

Wow, that Java navigator thingie is pretty neato :)

On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 05:22:05PM -0400, Bill Page wrote:
> Yes, I think it would be great to have "active" mathematics based on
> Axiom in planetmath and wikipedia.
>
> > Incidently, I can turn over quantian.org (currently a redirect) to
> > anyone, if that would be a good spot for a WIKI.  I have hosting
> > arranged at Eskimo.com
> >

> I am willing to build a mirror site based on page.axiom-developer.org
> at another location. Currently it runs on a RedHat 9 system. I need
> to install Zope, Zwiki, LatexWiki + my extensions, Plone, Axiom etc.
> And currently I use Apache to front for Zope (optional).

I could pull in some Zope/Plone expertise from the folks currently hosting
Quantian at UW, but am pretty clueless with that system myself.

That said, we can try on one of my Debian boxen at home. Could you work on
that via ssh?  I would have to keep root access to myself, but Debian should
have most of what we need (but maybe not latexwiki).  See below for a quick
apt-cache search.

Dirk

address@hidden:~> apt-cache  search "^zope"
libroxen-zopegw - Zope relay module for the Roxen Challenger web server
zope - Open Source Web Application Server
zope-backtalk - A document annotation, editing, and production system - Zope
zope-book - Zope Open Content Book
zope-btreefolder2 - Zope folder that can contain many more objects efficiently
zope-callprofiler - profile your Zope website
zope-cmf - Zope Content Management Framework (CMF)
zope-cmfcalendar - Zope CMF Calendar
zope-cmfcore - Zope CMF Core services
zope-cmfdefault - Zope CMF Default (basic) content
zope-cmfforum - Zope Content Management Framework Forum Module
zope-cmfldap - Zope CMF LDAP membership management tools
zope-cmfpgforum - CMFpgForum is a CMF forum that uses a PostgreSQL database
zope-cmfphoto - Zope Content Management Framework Photo module
zope-cmfphotoalbum - Zope Content Management Framework Photo Album module
zope-cmfplone - A zope/cmf-based content management system
zope-cmftopic - Zope CMF Topic
zope-cmfworkflow - Zope CMF workflow module
zope-devguide - Zope Developer's Guide
zope-devguide-example - Example contained in the Zope Developer's Guide
zope-docfindereverywhere - Find documentation for a Zope product using a doc tab
zope-dtmlcalendar - Calendar DTML Tag - Zope
zope-emarket - Simple e-commerce system for Zope
zope-epoz - cross-browser WYSIWYG editor for Zope
zope-externaleditor - Zope External Editor
zope-extfile - Stores large files outside Zope database
zope-exuserfolder - XUF -- user authentication, properties and sessions
zope-formulator - A tool to create and validate web forms in Zope
zope-kinterbasdbda - Zope Database Adapter for Interbase/Firebird
zope-ldap - A driver for connecting Zope with Ldap system
zope-ldapuserfolder - The Zope LDAP user folder
zope-localizer - Helps build multilingual web sites and multilingual Zope
products
zope-lockablefolder - variant of the standard Folder that can restrict access
to its contents
zope-loginmanager - User Folder workalike and replacement for Zope
zope-mysqlda - A Zope Database Adapter for MySQL
zope-parsedxml - ParsedXML Zope Product
zope-photo - Zope product for managing digital images in Zope
zope-popyda - A Database Adapter connecting Zope and PostgreSQL
zope-psycopgda - Zope Database Adapter based on python-psycopg
zope-rdfgrabber - Zope Product to search foreign webpages by their RDF files
zope-replacesupport - Add search and replace functionality to TTW Zope objects
zope-sqlrelayda - SQL Relay Zope database adapter
zope-testcase - unit testing framework and test case for Zope
zope-textindexng2 - Full text index for Zope
zope-tinytable - Present tabular data in Zope
zope-tinytableplus - Present tabular data in Zope
zope-translationservice - A location-aware translation service for Zope
zope-ttwtype - Enables portal administrators to create new content types
zope-verbosesecurity - Helps to explain the reason for denied access
zope-xmlmethods - XMLMethods Zope Product
zope-zms - Content management for science, technology and medicine
zope-znavigator - Zope product for creating navigation bars
zope-zpatterns - Database Independence and Framework Integration for Zope
zope-zshell - command line interface to Zope
zope-zwiki - WikiWikiWeb on Zope
zope2.7 - Open Source Web Application Server
zopectl - Zope instances controlling utility
zopeedit - Helper Application for Zope External Editor
address@hidden:~> apt-cache  search "plone"
address@hidden:~>

--
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
                                                -- Groucho Marx